Land Development Regulations
Mission of the Process
To collect and compile input from all interested stake-holders, conduct workshops and develop priorities and generate output of a series of proposed ordinances to be adopted through the public hearing procedures.
There are no open applications
Search County Ordinances
With regard to this Land Development Code these Land Development Regulations (LDRs) the provisions shall be construed and implemented to achieve the following intentions and purposes of the Baker County Commission:
- To establish the regulations, procedures, and standards for review and approval of all proposed land development in the County
- To foster and preserve public health, safety, comfort, and welfare, and to aid in the harmonious, orderly, aesthetically pleasing, and socially beneficial development of the County in accordance with the Comprehensive Plan
- To adopt and maintain a development review process
- Efficient, in terms of time and expense;
- Effective, in terms of addressing the natural resource and public facility implications of the proposed development;
- Equitable, in terms of consistency with established regulations and procedures, respect for the rights of property owners, and consideration of the interests of the citizens of the County.
- To implement the Baker County Comprehensive Plan as required by the "Local Government Comprehensive Planning and Land Development Regulation Act"
- To provide specific procedures to ensure that development orders and permits are conditioned on the availability of public facilities and services that meet level of service requirements (concurrency).
Year of Meeting